"Ragnarok"



    "Ragnarok" debuted on Netflix on January 31 this year, but I haven't watched this series until this week. I regret so much, that I waited for such a long time to watch it, because it is really good. I don't know much about Norse mithology, but now I'm really interested in it. I did a background check, but unnecessarily. Every episode starts with a short definition and explanation of words, characters or events from Norse mithology. In first episode the creators explained the world "ragnarok" whitch means the end of the world, the final battle between Gods and Gigants. 


netflix.com


    The  series starts when the main character, Magne, comes back with his family to Edda, a small town in Norway. Just at the beginning, Magne helps an old man with blindfold (some vierws think that he may be Odin) and his wife (a very scary old lady) touches his forhead and we can see a thunder in his eye. That's how Magne obtains his powers (it's not mencioned yet, but for those who know the mithology it's obvious that he is Thor, the God of Thunder). Here we have a classic move-he discovers his powers step by step, whitch obviously causes problems for the maine character. Unfortunately for Magne, the Jutland family (his mortal enemies) has a real power in Edda. They are ownwers of a factory and provide  jobs to many people, whitch makes them very powerful and influential. Through the series both sides are trying to find out, who they are dealing with and for me it's very intresting. It's reminds of a wolves fight, when they are revolving around, waiting for a best moment to attack. In the last episode, we have a duel between Magne and one member of the Jutland family. It's not a battle I imagned, but that solution opens a way for second season. 

    Magne (Thor) is different than Thor we know from Marvel's movies. He is an outcast, has dyslexia and some diffuculities with concentrating. He isn't a handsome guy with perfect hair, but to be honest, I'm tired of watching that type. Magne has amazing blue eyes (I  have a thing for that) and it's a normal boy. It's really refrashing to watch that. I hope that the creators won't ruin it. 

digitalspy.com

    This series touches a very important topics-climate change and contmination of envirnoment. It's really important and we can see how it affects on people in Edda:they can't drink tap water, they need to buy bottled water, glaciers are melting and people have problmes with lungs. It's nice that someone draws our attention to those problmes. 

wattpad.com

"Ragnarok" is one of the best series I've watched this year and I 'm expecting second season. Not only for the amazing  views of Norway's fjords, but I want to know the rest of the story. I recomend this series, it has only 6 episodes, so you can watch it in one night. I hope that in two months Netflix will release the second season. 


facebook.com

Comments

Popular Posts