"Lupin"

     “Lupin” debuted on Netflix on January 8th and I don’t know why I waited so long to watch it. It is one of the best series I have watched and I really get into this story. I really adore mystery series, stolen diamonds, whole police work and catching the bad guy. I was fascinating with “Lupin” since I saw the trailer, although I needed to convince myself to the language. I don’t like French (still better than German), but I made a sacrifice and I’m glad I did. I heard mixed reviews from my friends, so I was really curios and intrigued. I don’t regret watching, because I liked the main character from the first minute and I hope he will get his happy ending.  

bigbaddice.pl


    This series tells the story of Assane Diop, black thief/cleaner in the Louvre who tries to steal a necklace which belonged to Marie Antoinette. This necklace lost 25 years ago and was found in pieces many years later. The owners, Mr. And Mrs. Pellegrini accused Assane’s father for stealing and he went to jail. He was innocent, but Mrs. Pellegrini convinced him to sign the confession just to reduce his sentence. He didn’t know that it was a trap and he got many years in jail. He couldn’t stand it, so he committed suicide. Assane was only 14, so he became an orphan at such a young age. After his father’s death he found a gift for his birthday: a book about a famous thief Arsène Lupin, a character created by Maurice Leblanc in 1905. Young Assane loved this book and read it several times. This book became also an inspiration, he uses the motives from the book to steal the necklace. He finds three accomplices, but not everything goes as they have planned. By the end of the first episode, we find out that Assane has his own plan which not includes his accomplices. They go to the jail and Assane walks free and tries to solve the mystery from the past. What Assane does is really surprising, he even goes to jail just to talk to his father’s old friend of the cell. He is always one step ahead from the police and to be honest the creators showed French Police in a negative light. They don’t do nothing only one cop (a fan of the Maurice Leblanc’s book) is actually doing something. There is also an old police officer who investigated the case of the necklace 25 years ago and he may have answers to solve the mystery. We also have a story of Claire and Raoul, Assane’s family. He wasn’t much of a father, but he’s trying to change. I was impressed how Assane can predict the situation (that reminds me of Professor from “Money Heist”) and his ability to change style and look just in a short time. Assane tries to destroy and prove guilt to Mr. Pellegrini and he almost succeed, but he loses a friend. In the last episode he takes his family to Étretat, because there Maurice Leblanc was born on December 11th, the same say as Assane’s son. At the end of the episode, Raoul gets kidnappeby a man who works for Mr. Pellegrini which will keep us in anticipation for the second part. 

netflix.com



The series has only 5 episodes, but this is only the first part. The second will be probably released this year, perhaps during the Fall. I recommend this series to everyone, is definitely worth to watch. For me it was also an opportunity to see a piece of Louvre or Paris which was great. I can’t wait for the second part and I want to read Maurice Leblanc’s book.  



denofgeek.com




Comments

Popular Posts